What New York Residents Should Know Before Retiring in a Foreign Country

by | Jan 21, 2021 | Legal

Many who have reached retirement age want to enjoy their best life possible. They want to engage in new activities, enjoy beautiful views, and spend time with friends. Some have found that living in their home country is just too expensive. They decide to move to other countries in order to live a better life at a lower cost.

If you are thinking of moving to a different country after retirement, be sure you do your research. You want to make sure that you are ready for life in a completely different culture. If possible, take several trips to the new country ahead of time to look for homes to buy or apartments to rent. See what life is really like.

You will need to consider what legal requirements are laid out to spend time in a foreign country. When you make your initial trip, it is likely that you will be able to get a tourist visa. Depending on where you go, this may be as simple as entering the country by plane and paying a few dollars for the visa. It typically lasts 30 to 90 days.

After moving to a new country, you need to apply for residency. You will need to learn about the Department Of State Apostille. Documents like marriage certificates, police records, birth certificates, and others need a seal with the Department Of State Apostille before they will be accepted with your application for residency in a foreign land.

Learn how US Authentication Services helps individuals and corporations who need documents certified for submission outside of the United States by visiting their website at http://www.usauthentication.com.

Visit Facebook for more updates.

Latest Articles